Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Room

Terry was moved out of advanced recovery into a room on the 11th floor that specializes in care for Head and Neck cancer patients. We got up here about 3:30 or so, a bit later than expected. On the wall is a white board that the staff uses to communicate to patients, and I thought it would be a good thing if we communicated back. First I put up my cell phone number. Just doing that lets them know that I expect to be called if anything happens while I am out, which isn't often. Then I thought I would list the things he does such as how many laps walking around the pod or the long hallway and how long he sits in a chair. Basically, anything that he does, they want to document.  The nurse came in and told us that he is way ahead of normal patients. They have no idea how much he wants to be out of here! 

We still have the friendly pole to drag around but little by little, things are being removed. He now takes pain meds by mouth rather than drip and they have eliminated some other items. All I know is that he's gone from six to eight bags on the pole down to two. Nice work in a short amount of time. We know that part of this is due to his own determination, but a big part is due to the strength he receives from the Lord and the community of believers who have his back. Thank you all!

2 comments:

  1. keep dropping bags, keep picking up laps, keep pushing, keep resting, and know that people keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated dragging around the pole for 4 weeks. And I loved the feeling of being free from it! It's coming soon!

    ReplyDelete