Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday Blessings

While sitting at my desk Friday morning working on "stuff" for the day, the ASB officers filed into my office and asked if it was okay to say a prayer for me before leaving for surgery. Each of them offered a prayer that absolutely blessed my heart. They handed me a card, signed with a personal note from each of them, along with a gift from the ASB. It was all I could do to maintain composure. 

The student body came together on Friday afternoon to close the school day with student-led devotions. At the conclusion of the devotional, led by one of our chaplains, the ASB president announced to the student body that their principal would be gone for a few days due to cancer sugery. They asked me to come out onto the basketball court where they prayed for me....again.

What a blessing to be part of this kind of educational environment. With such Spirit-led leadership from our students, of course there is a spiritual battle raging on all fronts. We do not fear....God is all over it!

Just thought I'd share some of what went on this past Friday.....pretty awesome send-off.

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment