Monday, August 1, 2011

Waiting

Does anyone else enjoy waiting as much as I don't? I am really quite an impatient person! Right now I'm waiting for the cable company to call so I can present my alternative 'deal' and get them to lower the bill. My husband is waiting for the HMO to call and schedule a PET scan... which means I'm waiting on that too. Here's what Oswald Chambers says about waiting:


“. . . tarry . . . until . . .” (Luke 24:49). “Wait on the Lord” and He will work (Psalm 37:34). But don’t wait sulking spiritually and feeling sorry for yourself, just because you can’t see one inch in front of you! Are we detached enough from our own spiritual fits of emotion to “wait patiently for Him”? (Psalm 37:7). Waiting is not sitting with folded hands doing nothing, but it is learning to do what we are told.

Sulking, feeling sorry, do what we are told? Okay, okay... I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment